Friday, October 10, 2008

It's a bird, it's a plane ... it's the mail carrier?!!?

We were driving home from a play date at Bill Barber Park in Irvine (by the way, fantastic park, despite DS's complete melt down at the end of our playdate) and we turn onto our street and DS yells, "what's that Mommy?". I look over and we see this white, red and blue segway scooter. I am not sure if you can tell from the picture because there are storage saddles on the side, but it is one of those scooters that you stand to drive (I have seen police with these) and the charachter G.O.B (pronounced the biblical Job) rode around in one on the show Arrested Development.

Of course I stopped, took a picture with my Blackberry from the car, rolled down my window and asked her what it was. She said they are testing it out for crowded cities such as New York but because we are close to the main city post office and a safe area they are testing it here. It was her first day. It took her approximately 15 minutes to get to our community which is 2 miles from the post office. She wasn't thrilled about getting all her mail into that little trailer either but she is willing to give it a chance. Notice the helmet.

Just had to share my Friday Fun!

5 comments:

KR said...

I knew Irvine was hip! :)

Mommy Toy said...

That's awesome.

Are you an Arrested Development fan?? GOB is my all time favorite. I love that show.

Unknown said...

That is totally trippy. I could see Urbana trying that out because its cool and enviro friendly. Maybe we will have them soon? Kyle would make fun of them though.

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog.. it is so fun and creative and you have become quite the amazing photographer too. You capture such wonderful moments! Keep it up!
xoxo Michelle W & boys xoxo

Unknown said...

I believe this a T3 scooter. http://www.t3motion.com/product_LawEnforcement.html

Similar to a Segway, but lacking the gyroscopic drive mechanism (as it has a third wheel. This is a popular vehicle with police and airport security.