Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Taking the wind out of my sale ...


It has happened to me too. Once I became a mother I started (almost) exculsively shopping for my kids. I can still remember our long back to school shopping days with my Mom where we would return home with bags and bags of clothes but nothing for her - thanks Mom, if I knew then what I know now, I would have made sure we shopped for you too! If it makes you feel any better, I assure you, I am paying it forward to your wonderful Grandkids! :-)
I recently went to the infamous Nordstrom Anniversary sale (back in the day that meant a day off work - or at least a partial day off work - hey, I was in sales and it usually went unnoticed). This year, I bought for 5 people at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale. Out of those 5, none were me. In fact, I never made it past the men's and children's departments. When you have a husband, two kids and two godchildren who needs to shop for themselves?! I had more fun shopping for them. It only took 30 something years to get here. LOL!!!


Have you been yet, please share!? My favorite finds - these adorable jeans for DS and a great shirt for DH (not available on-line) that I plan on asking him wear to BC's birthday celebration in Laguna Beach next weekend .

No comments: