Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Not just with dessert!

That is exactly what 4 of my close gal pals said at my Wine Club dinner last week when they tried the Four Vines 2002 Zin/Syrah Port. This is the most delicious dessert wine even the most "non-sweet wine" drinker can drink but still enough flavor for the discerning Dessert Wine lover.

After being intrduced to this wine by my good friend SS a few months ago, I bought my first 3 bottles directly from the The Four Vines Winery (after calling 5 local wine stores to find out that they did in fact carry Four Vine Wines, just not that Four Vine Wine). I was thrilled when I found out my neighborhood Bacchus Wine Cellar in Irvine, CA is now carrying it!!! I think me and my two best wine lover friends (SS & KC) bought the entire first shipment or at least close to it.

Did you know? As a rule of thumb a dessert wine should always be sweeter then the dessert it accompanies? Not sure I agree with that.

No comments: