Wednesday, February 28, 2007

You have ever heard of hymn?


When I say hymn, I mean, him ... Jadon Lavik?

DH gets in my car a few months ago and after listening for one minute asks me "What is this"? Since I can't quite read into the inflection of his voice (was it, "what is this?") I ask "Why?" He replies, "I like it!". Woo Hoo, something DH and I agree on. I must admit, we have very different taste in music and to actually both agree on something is definitely something to talk about.

I first heard Jadon Lavik sing at Treasured, Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, CA's version of MOPS (Mother of Preschoolers). His voice is soulful, comforting and up-lifting. He is not like many modern day Christian "rocker" types. He is more about the acoustic Christian hymms you would hope to find in church or a relaxing coffee house. My favorite on "Life on the Inside" CD is track 1 and 2.

You can order his CD on his website: Jadon Lavik or if you are in Southern California you can pick up a copy at Sonshine Bookstore or check out his tour dates & locations on his website (He had locations from CA to NY).

No comments: