Sunday, April 08, 2007

Delicious & Under $20

Recently my great friend KG hosted our monthly Wine Club at her beautiful new home. Besides a fabulous meal of stuffed pork chops and a scrumptious dessert of chocolate fondue we tasted FIVE FABULOUS and SCRUMPTIOUS wines that were all under $20!!! They were so fabulous that I had to share them with all of you and I must admit this is hard for me since I really want to keep these FAB FIVE FINDS all to myself so I can serve them to those with expensive taste without them knowing the cost! (hee hee)

(There were actually two that were my favorites but since the 2nd one wasn't technically under $20 I will share the first one).

Clearwater Creek Cabernet Savignon 2004. It is exactly what a Cabernet is supposed to be. Recommended to me by Bacchus Secret Cellar in Irvine, CA. I was anxious to try it when she told me the vintner is best friend's with the owner of the ever so popular Silver Oak Winery. Even if you don't normally drink Cabernets you most likely still know about Silver Oak Cabernets. She said that Clearwater is the only vintner to get Silver Oak Alexander Valley grapes and I was sold. Once I tried it I was convinced that it was the best Cabernet I have ever had for $19.99. I would serve this Cab to even the most discerning Cab drinker.

You MUST try this wine.

The other 3 wines we tasted that night under $20 were fantastic too:

Cardwell Hill Cellars Pinot Noir 2005 ... you can never go wrong with a Willamette Valley Pinot Noir and for only $18.99 a bottle you might want to buy an entire case (purchased by SS at The Wine Pavillion in Lake Forest, CA)

Marques Phillips Sarah's Blend 2005 (purchased by ST at The Wine Cellar in Corona del Mar, CA for $13.99 .... this is a steal for such a great tasting wine.)

Water Wheel Shiraz 2004 (purchased by KG at BevMo for $15.99)

No comments: