Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Girls in Green

So you thought I was going to talk about St. Patrick's Day on Saturday?! Nope, I am talking about Girl Scouts Cookie season. By now you should have already received your boxes and if not, you are sure to be approached from those patch-wearing Girl's in Green at your local grocery store any day now.

So what do you do with all those boxes you are sure to feel obligated to buy?!?! Well, I used to send most of them with DH to share with his office. But he wouldn't take them this year. He said there is already way too many boxes laying around the office (but really I think I just did a better job ordering for my "not so fat" DH this year and he wants to keep them all to himself - like the Somoas, Thin Mints and Do-si-dos). So, again, what do you do with all those boxes? Look what I stumbled upon today ... Dessert Recipes that use Girl Scout Cookies. I guess I will be bringing a Dessert to the next Family gathering. :) Let me know if you try any of these recipes and what you think.

By the way, in case you have ever wondered ... Here is a listing of The Girl Scouts top cookie sellers (taken directely from their site):

    25% Thin Mints
    19% Samoas®/Caramel deLites™
    13% Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs®
    11% Peanut Butter Sandwich/Do-si-dos™
    9% Shortbread/Trefoils