Monday, March 05, 2007

Who would have thought I would be so excited to go flat?!


Shame on you for thinking that! Just because I nursed DS for so long doesn't mean I am happy about those (really, who would be happy about that?!). I am talking about being 5'1" and happy about the new "flat" trend in shoes. Not only is this trend stylish, it can be so comfy too!

I finally found a pair at Macy's today that can take me from lunch with the girls at South Coast Plaza to a playdate at the park with DS. I have actually bought myself several pairs of this stylish flat shoe trend (& of course the ever so hip mettalic ones) but none that I felt comfortable wearing at the park (if you know what I mean, $$$)! But today, I found them! Woo Hoo! They are made by Keds. The good ol' affordable tennis shoe favorite. I bought the green ones ... the perfect green to pair with all the denim and pink I already own!!! They have a lower front so they are closer to the stylish "ballerina" style flat shoe but with a sporty slip-on tennis shoe look and super comfy. The Chatham style comes in a few colors and for the really fashion forward (like I can see my stylish dear friend LG wearing) try the "Nanette Lepore" animal print ones.

For all my college sorority sisters: Luckily these are slip ons so you won't be tempted to swap out the laces for gross-grain ribbons. :)

6 comments:

Rudy said...

Oh geez... I never expected you to be a fan of flats :)I know you are a lot more trendy than me BUT crocs are THE most comfy shoes EVER. I love your blog. It is so fun :)

KR said...

I'm loving flats these days too but hate how you have to have different jeans for flat days and heel days! Ugh.

Anonymous said...

I am all about the new flats!!! With a short hubby (5'7") and me only being 5'5", I can't wear much of a heel. So wedges and espadrilles (sp?) are out for me this season. Flats...here I come!

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to like this flat trend. I haven't bought any yet, but have been looking for the perfect pair to start with!

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of a cute sneaker. I will look at Macy's tomorrow and let you know.
Love you, DM

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the flat trend! that pair you got is especially cute.